Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2012, 10:52 AM   #676
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachphotog View Post
"duh, lia. Come on." love! Eugene is perfect. Except I seriously dislike how all his merchandise calls him Flynn. So not his name. Not even Rapunzel calls him that when she learns the truth...
I don't like that either! His name is Eugene! Sheesh. Though I know that they do it for young children who may not understand, and remember him as being called Flynn Rider throughout the movie, that it makes more sense for them. It's the same with Aladdin being in his pre-royalty clothes all the time even though he's a prince now, and the Beast walking around as a Beast and not as a human prince, and Rapunzel having long blonde hair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awdwnut View Post
Two weeks at POP was awesome!!! This is our second two week trip and it still kills me how “non-believers” just don’t get it. So many friends and family said the exact same thing that they did last year “didn’t you get bored being there for so long?” Bored, hmmmm… THEY DON’T HAVE A FREAKING CLUE!!

Even though I re-connected with my old friend over six months ago and we just had lunch with him less than two weeks ago, I still cannot believe it!! I was a bit intimidated at the thought of seeing him again after learning how much he has accomplished, but my wonderful wife helped me keep everything in perspective. “Wife: This is an old buddy of yours right?, Me: Yes, Wife: You two used to work and room together, right?, Me: Yes, Wife: Isn’t this the same dude that helped you to throw a toga party at that dive where you two were living?, Me: Yup!, Wife: Ha, Ha, Ha, I am sure he still puts his toga on one leg at a time…”

As for all the Imagineering inside information, I am afraid that I did not get much out of him. All he would say about what he is currently working on is that there are a couple of REALLY BIG projects in progress and that this stuff would blow the minds of Disney junkies like us. The time frame he gave for the rolling out of these “mind-blowers” was in two to three years. Not much I know, but it still got us pretty excited. He did have a great story about testing the random drop sequence on TOT when they were working on re-profiling the attraction…. Imagine three hours straight of doing each of the different fall sequences one after the other.

One funny note was that I bought his lunch at Katsura Grill in World Showcase (using a plethora of extra dining credits that we had) and he was asking me questions on how the dining plan worked. That cracked me up, but working for a very large company myself, I know how departmental and bureaucratic big companies can be. I am sure that the dining plan is something that he has not spent much time thinking about.

awdwnut
That's great!!! My dream is to go on a two week long trip. I seriously wouldn't get bored in Disney if my stay lasted two MONTHS, nevermind two weeks. People just don't get it.

glad you have your wife there to remind you of the old times! But I would totally be intimidated too, I mean Imagineers are some of the most creative people in the world, so I understand how you were feeling!

Quote:
All he would say about what he is currently working on is that there are a couple of REALLY BIG projects in progress and that this stuff would blow the minds of Disney junkies like us.
OH...MY GOD. That is SO exciting! I can't even imagine what they have in store for us!!! Wow!!!

Haha, that's funny about the dining plan. I guess when you have to spend your time riding Tower of Terror endlessly all night, you don't have much time to read up on the dining plan!

Thanks for the info!! It sounds like you had a great visit. Ahh I can not WAIT to see what's in store for the next few years!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneydreamsdancer View Post
Is it wrong to say I am totally hooked on your trip report considering I've never ever been to WDW? Yup, big DLR citizen here, closest I've ever got to WDW was looking at my comp tickets and seeing that it says good for WDW and any Disney park and thinking, 'thats helpful but....nah too far! ' Pretty keen to take on the world after reading your report though!! Looks like you had such a brilliant trip!

I'm totally with you on this one, there's something about the details on that ride that just blow my mind!!! Beyond awesome!

Cant wait to read more!
Thank you so much and !!!! Oh my God... you HAVE to go to Disney World! I'm sure you'd tell me the same thing about Disneyland... I've never been there! But I'm really gonna try and go next year. Thanks for reading, I'm glad you're enjoying the TR and being enlightened on the brilliance of Walt Disney World!!!
Old 09-30-2012, 11:33 AM   #677
__disneygirl

DECEMBER 12, 2011
Day 8, Part 1 In Which No One Shows Up To Animal Kingdom (Again)

The phone rang and I nearly fell out of bed picking it up. How could this be that the phone was already ringing?! I felt like I had just gone to bed!

GOD WAS I TIRED.

But I had to get up. Not just because Stitch was screaming at me, and not just because there is no sleeping in Disney, but because it was DAY 8!!!!!!

The 2nd to last full day of our trip. Which meant I was starting to become depressed about leaving. So I had to SQUEEZE EVERY LAST DROP OF DISNEY OUT OF THE TRIP!!!!!!

Therefore, I woke up bright and early.

Well, early. It wasn't so bright. It was pretty gloomy and drizzly out.

Which was foreshadowing to how the day was going to go. Dun dun duuuuuuun.

BUT I didn't know that at the time. I wasn't going to let anything stop me from being at the parks all day! Since my mom is normal, she doesn't get anxiety about leaving Disney. She also sleeps. So she wanted to sleep a little longer. I didn't mind. I understand not everyone is an energizer bunny. I mean, I never am in real life. Disney is another story though.

So I solo'd it on over to Animal Kingdom! I hadn't planned this, it was just that I missed the gorillas. Dearly.

It's really nice being in Disney World. For many reasons. One of which is that if you are missing gorillas, you can just go see them. There are not a lot of places you can be and decide you'd like to see gorillas and then be standing in front of them less than an hour later.

So I quickly got ready, left my mom in her slumber and headed out to the bus. Soon I was standing in front of this:

I just love the colorful motif of Discovery Island so much. This is at Island Mercantile.

The first thing I did once I got into the park was head into Island Mercantile, since I needed a new memory card and I had one of those lovely 20% off before noon coupons. I selected a 2 GB card....and a poncho.

Yes, I finally gave in and bought an official Disney $7 poncho cause the rain was starting to come down pretty hard.

Who remembers the old school yellow ponchos with Mickey on the back? We used to have those, but I have no idea what happened to them. So I guess it was about time I caved and bought a new "Disney Parks" one. I mean, if I got on the Croc train in 2010, this poncho thing was inevitable.

The CM working at the register didn't think the memory card was even covered under the 20% discount, but it ended up being fine! Woohoo! So buy your camera equipment(?) at Island Mercantile before noon! Or, if you really want to save $$... get it before your trip on Ebay. Cause I still overpaid. Heh heh.

This trip report is probably getting boring since we just keep doing the same thing, but uh, as a writer I must represent the truth. So obviously, after my camera and dryness issues were settled, I went over to Asia for a journey to the Forbidden Mountain. Yes, again. I swear, I went on EE like 500 times this trip.

I love these monkeys.

Some of my favorite details at AK are all the art/posters/ads/random shiz on the walls of the shops and bathrooms.

BEFORE YOU REPORT A YETI MAKE SURE YOU HAVEN'T MISTAKEN IT FOR ONE OF THESE ANIMALS COMMON IN THIS AREA!

I wish they sold this... I would love to hang it in my house! It's so beautiful!

Hmm... looks like some backpackers are parked here for the day:

So, on our 1st and 2nd Animal Kingdom days, we headed to Expedition Everest first thing, like any smart Disser would. Of course, we wanted to get on with little wait and get fastpasses. Well, both times it was so empty that this was completely unnecessary.

I wanted the crowds to be low again so I could go on an EE riding spree, but I kept in mind that as it got later in December, it would get more crowded, so I was prepared to take the single rider line.

But I didn't.

You guys. I have never seen Disney more empty in my life.

I entered the queue, expecting to... you know... see some human beings. Standing in line. Waiting to ride the most popular attraction at Disney's Animal Kingdom. I thought I would wait at least a few minutes.

I walked and walked, through the long and amazingly detailed queue... waiting for some signs of life. Nothing.

It was awesome. I had time to explore and take a lot of pictures!

OK, if you look REALLY closely, you can see a real live human being in this photo. Just one, but it was something.

LOOK!! Another person!! This kid and his dad came up behind me, and I let them pass me so I could continue to take pictures. They were literally the only people I saw until I got up to the loading area.

This queue is a masterpiece, by the way, if you couldn't already tell.

Stop. Slow down. Look around. Read things. Ask questions. LOOK UP. Always look up at Disney World. As I have said MANY times, Disney is in the details. And if you do not look up and down and stop and stare, you are missing it. You don't know what IT is yet, but trust me, you're missing IT. However, if you love Disney so much that you have found the DIS, the TR board, my trip report, and gotten this far through it... you know what IT is. So I should stop rambling.

At that point, I saw something I thought I would NEVER see in the morning at Disney World.

They were sending out trains that WEREN'T EVEN FULL. About an hour after opening. At the most popular attraction in the park! I've honestly only seen that happen at like 2am during Magic Kingdom EMH.

GO TO WALT DISNEY WORLD IN EARLY DECEMBER!!!!!! I just can't say it enough times.

I'm so spoiled by low crowds, I'd probably have a heart attack if I went during a peak crowd time at this point. I mean, THERE WERE LIKE FIVE PEOPLE RIDING EXPEDITION EVEREST! It's just so lovely to not have to worry about rushing around and fitting everything in and getting fastpasses and all of that. It is so much less exhausting to just be able to flit around the park at your leisure.

When I saw that train leave without even being full, something inside of me just snapped.

I suddenly felt like a child who had been let loose in a toy store with a $1,000 gift certificate. The excitement was overwhelming.

How many times did I ride Expedition Everest?

I lost count. Literally.

OH GOD IT WAS SO FUN. I would get off and then run from the store back through the queue and on again.

The CMs were quite amused by me. I can't remember what they were saying because my brain was turning to goo but it was hilarious.

I've never been on a rollercoaster that many times in a row. Not even when I worked on the boardwalk at the Jersey Shore and we would ride the rides non-stop. It was ridiculous.

The reason I lost count is not because I am terrible at math, which I am.

It's because I started to become physically affected by riding so many times, which NEVER EVER happens to me. Ever.

I have never gotten sick or even a little woozy from a rollercoaster before.

But I just kept going on and on and on. I think I lost count around 4 or 5 times, because I couldn't remember if it has been 4 or 5 or 6 times that I had been on. Which sounds really stupid, I mean these are not big numbers that I was trying to remember here. But my brain was resembling Nickelodeon Gak at this point.

I remember getting off the ride and walking through the store and it looked like part of the store was sideways. So I blinked a bit and it went straight but I was seeing spots. So I just kept walking, which was obviously the best decision. I then steadied myself on one of the shelves of Yeti toys, walked outside... and got back on.

I'm just one of those people who has that "MORE MORE MORE" gene inside of them. I couldn't stop.

I'm thankful that Toy Story Mania is always so busy. The most I could ride that was 5 times in a row one morning. If it was as empty as Expedition Everest, I would go on so many times that I would be mentally ruined.

Everything in my brain would be wiped and replaced with broken plates and words like "partner" and "tarnation".

So that was my last rip-roarin', yeti-clawin', "there doesn't seem to be any track!"-in' ride on Expedition Everest for 2011.

I didn't want my thoughts and ideas to be replaced by visions of the Yeti so it was time to stop.

Plus, the line was getting up to like FIVE MINUTES by that point. I mean, they were actually filling up the trains! It was anarchy!

Up Next: Major ANGRY gorilla realness.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-30-2012, 12:06 PM   #678
beachphotog
Pass me a margarita

You've discovered my early December secret! Isn't it fabulous??

Go to Disney in early November and early December! Or actually, don't...

Let's keep it a secret, like forever!!

Follow me on twitter: @beachphotog
And on Instagram: smk31
Old 09-30-2012, 01:26 PM   #679
flyergrad09
Future Monorail Driver

Early December is AMAZING! I've gone in early December every year since 2009 and while I've never had quite the same experience as you did on EE, I've always had crazy short lines on almost everything else. When I went in May this year, it was a bit of a shock to see lines!

Unfortunately, every time I've been to AK, it's always been really crowded, and I feel bad when I stop to take pictures in the EE queue and I try to let people pass me, but then there's always that one awkward person who tries to be polite and let me go ahead of them and I'm standing there waving them on while they're waving me on, and it's just not good.

Follow me on Twitter! @flyergrad09 • Follow me on Instagram! @flyergrad09

I've been a Disney girl my entire life!
May 1987 - Offsite • November 1990 - Offsite • June 1998 - OKW • December 2001/January 2002 - Offsite • December 2003/January 2004 - Offsite • December 2007/January 2008 - Offsite • December 2009 - Offsite • July 2010 - DISNEYLAND! • December 2010 - Offsite • December 2011 - ASMu • May 2012 - ASMu
Old 09-30-2012, 01:55 PM   #680
__disneygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachphotog View Post
You've discovered my early December secret! Isn't it fabulous??

Go to Disney in early November and early December! Or actually, don't...

Let's keep it a secret, like forever!!
Haha. Ooops. Yes. Maybe we should keep it a secret! Um... everyone, I lied. It was mobbed in early December. MOBBED I TELL YOU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyergrad09 View Post
Early December is AMAZING! I've gone in early December every year since 2009 and while I've never had quite the same experience as you did on EE, I've always had crazy short lines on almost everything else. When I went in May this year, it was a bit of a shock to see lines!

Unfortunately, every time I've been to AK, it's always been really crowded, and I feel bad when I stop to take pictures in the EE queue and I try to let people pass me, but then there's always that one awkward person who tries to be polite and let me go ahead of them and I'm standing there waving them on while they're waving me on, and it's just not good.
Yeah, I can totally imagine being shocked over seeing lines after this latest trip. I usually go during low crowd times anyway, but this was just ridiculous, I mean it was SO empty.

I hope you get to experience a less crowded AK because it's such a great experience! I hate when people in line won't pass me. Me being so obsessed with seeing every little Disney detail, that often happens to me.
Old 09-30-2012, 02:18 PM   #681
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Catching up!!! (I'm always catching up. ) Animal Kingdom looks amazing in the evening. Amazing. I would absolutely love to experience that!

I would also love to experience marathoning RNRC and Tower! That sounds awesome.

Ew, I think I would smack someone upside the head if they said lol in real life. I don't even say lol on the internet. LOL. (Kidding.)

Early December at Disney is one of life's greatest gifts. I can't believe I have to miss it this year. ALTHOUGH, I'm willing to bet that it will be slightly different this year due to the fact that NEW FANTASYLAND. Anyways...

Okay, catching up was easier than I thought!

-Marissa
Old 09-30-2012, 05:43 PM   #682
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Man, I always start getting depressed on the second to last day too!

Good lookin' out going to AK solo because you were missing the gorillas.

I have so many ponchos from throughout the years at Disney. So many different ones it's not even funny. Because I am that person that caves in every time.

Wow, at least you have photographic evidence that one person was there with you.

Look up at Disney is so true. You miss so many things by not looking up.

Hahaha, Nickelodeon Gak. That's a shame that your brain looked like that.
Old 10-01-2012, 12:46 PM   #683
YukiPhnx
The Minnie to my Mickey

I'M FINALLY CAUGHT UP!!

Those baby Axolots look like mud kips from Pokemon, SOO CUTE.

I can't remember the rest of what I was planning to say.

I just love your TRs Lia, especially those pics you take of just the surrounding area like the ones of Epcot you have. Those pics always bring me back to that spot and I LOVE IT.

Ok, I must eat in the France pavilion on my next trip then. But I probably shouldn't go with my (then) Husband, eh?

I don't know if you remember but I also LOVE LOVE LOVE ToT. <--does that look like a crying face with an open mouth to you? Am I the only one?

I'm also a big fan of The Twilight Zone so I LOVE looking for props from the show. I think I've read everything ever written about that ride. I can't wait to ride the Japanese version!!!
Old 10-01-2012, 12:57 PM   #684
owestyo
Earning My Ears

Hi All
Do you guys know where I could buy this song from? I’m trying to put the memories of or recent trip down on video and the living it up song was such a huge part of the trip that it would be great to get it in somewhere.

Cheers in advance.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:22 PM   #685
LifeIsDis
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

I NEED to go to Disney in early December. NEED TO. Oh school, why do you always have to be in the way of me going to Disney when there are no crowds?

I am in love with the Expedition Everest queue. If I could marry it, I would.

Seriously, I would love love LOVE to go on Expedition Everest like 500 times in a row. That would be amazing.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:33 PM   #686
__disneygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Catching up!!! (I'm always catching up. ) Animal Kingdom looks amazing in the evening. Amazing. I would absolutely love to experience that!

I would also love to experience marathoning RNRC and Tower! That sounds awesome.

Ew, I think I would smack someone upside the head if they said lol in real life. I don't even say lol on the internet. LOL. (Kidding.)

Early December at Disney is one of life's greatest gifts. I can't believe I have to miss it this year. ALTHOUGH, I'm willing to bet that it will be slightly different this year due to the fact that NEW FANTASYLAND. Anyways...

Okay, catching up was easier than I thought!

Haha, that's funny cause I just caught up on your TR as well!

Hopefully you will get to see AK at night and marathon ToT and RnR as well!!

Smack them upside the head Seriously... just laugh. Why do you have to say "lol"? Just. Laugh.

I know! I don't want to miss it either, I'm really sad I'm missing Christmas at Disney this year, but I've missed the Food & Wine Festival tooooo much so I am very glad I'm going during that again. AHHH I WISH I COULD SEE NEW FANTASYLAND. Oh my goodness I can not even imagine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Man, I always start getting depressed on the second to last day too!

Good lookin' out going to AK solo because you were missing the gorillas.

I have so many ponchos from throughout the years at Disney. So many different ones it's not even funny. Because I am that person that caves in every time.

Wow, at least you have photographic evidence that one person was there with you.

Look up at Disney is so true. You miss so many things by not looking up.

Hahaha, Nickelodeon Gak. That's a shame that your brain looked like that.
Yes, it's very sad how it's hard to fully enjoy the last Disney days!

I didn't realize there were so many different ponchos. What a collection you must have! I bet if you sold them in a group on Ebay you could make a decent amount of money. Disney fans are always looking for weird stuff like that.

People really don't get how serious I am when I say LOOK UP!!! They always do something with the ceilings or whatever. It's so funny, once you realize you have to look up everywhere, you will notice so many new things! It never fails.

I'm glad someone got my Gak reference! hahahaha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YukiPhnx View Post
I'M FINALLY CAUGHT UP!!

Those baby Axolots look like mud kips from Pokemon, SOO CUTE.

I can't remember the rest of what I was planning to say.

I just love your TRs Lia, especially those pics you take of just the surrounding area like the ones of Epcot you have. Those pics always bring me back to that spot and I LOVE IT.

Ok, I must eat in the France pavilion on my next trip then. But I probably shouldn't go with my (then) Husband, eh?

I don't know if you remember but I also LOVE LOVE LOVE ToT. <--does that look like a crying face with an open mouth to you? Am I the only one?

I'm also a big fan of The Twilight Zone so I LOVE looking for props from the show. I think I've read everything ever written about that ride. I can't wait to ride the Japanese version!!!
Yay! Hi Yuki! Omg... what is this about your wedding having a TV THEME???? That sounds so awesome! I must hear more details of this!

Thank you so much! I love when I'm reading a TR and it really takes me back to a certain spot in Disney so that is quite a compliment.

I don't think Andrew would appreciate you flirting with the French CMs hahaha. Though maybe you will be able to control yourself better than I do. I basically just freak out every time I see a good looking foreign man. It's just my nature.

LOL I see the crying face! Yes! Ahhh I am DYING to go to Tokyo Disney, I can't even tell you how much. I don't see it happening any time soon but when that day finally comes, I will look like that crying face. Tears of joy though, of course!

Quote:
Originally Posted by owestyo View Post
Hi All
Do you guys know where I could buy this song from? I’m trying to put the memories of or recent trip down on video and the living it up song was such a huge part of the trip that it would be great to get it in somewhere.

Cheers in advance.
Hi there~! to the DIS!!!

Honestly... no one knows anything about this song. It's a mystery. No idea who sings it or where it came from or where you can get it. You can probably rip the audio from one of the Must Do Disney videos on Youtube, but I wouldn't know which program to use. Sorry I can't be of more help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsDis View Post
I NEED to go to Disney in early December. NEED TO. Oh school, why do you always have to be in the way of me going to Disney when there are no crowds?

I am in love with the Expedition Everest queue. If I could marry it, I would.

Seriously, I would love love LOVE to go on Expedition Everest like 500 times in a row. That would be amazing.
School and work is just so unfortunate!!!!! Hopefully one day you will be able to experience the low crowds and the beautiful decorations!

If I could marry a queue, it would definitely be Tower of Terror, so I understand your affections. hahaha

It was! I may have lost some brain cells, but it was totally WORTH IT!!!!
Old 10-02-2012, 12:09 AM   #687
MarieTheCat24
DIS Veteran

Welcome to the Poncho Club! Smelling like a shower curtain isn't fun, but it's marginally better than being wet. I think that's our slogan or something.

I love Asia. There's so much to look at. Your pictures are great.

My brain just can't wrap itself around an empty WDW. It just doesn't seem possible. I really feel like my head's going to explode in Nov. The crowd calendars are all predicting 3's and stuff, but I've never been to WDW in anything lower than a 7 so I have no idea what that even means. Remind me to wear a fishbowl over my head to shield everyone else from flying brain matter. I guess no one else will be there though so maybe I should just let the brain chunks fly. Give the Custodial CMs something to do.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:54 AM   #688
YukiPhnx
The Minnie to my Mickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieTheCat24 View Post
Welcome to the Poncho Club! Smelling like a shower curtain isn't fun, but it's marginally better than being wet. I think that's our slogan or something.

My brain just can't wrap itself around an empty WDW. It just doesn't seem possible. I really feel like my head's going to explode in Nov. The crowd calendars are all predicting 3's and stuff, but I've never been to WDW in anything lower than a 7 so I have no idea what that even means. Remind me to wear a fishbowl over my head to shield everyone else from flying brain matter. I guess no one else will be there though so maybe I should just let the brain chunks fly. Give the Custodial CMs something to do.
Karaaaaaaaaaaa, when will you be in Disney? It seems everyone has been to Disney for my birthday except for me...Well, at least I'll be in HK Disneyland for my next birthday!
Old 10-02-2012, 10:19 PM   #689
__disneygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieTheCat24 View Post

I can't even tell you how hard I laughed at "smelling like a shower curtain isn't fun." Agreed, it's better than being wet.

Thank you! I always seem to find something new to look at no matter how many times I stare at all the details.

Oh man I'm so excited for you. It's a totally different experience. You're gonna feel so free and at ease. I can't stress enough how great it is. I haven't been to Disney when the levels were over a 4 since I was like 14. Once you go... empty...? you never go back. Or something.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:04 PM   #690
__disneygirl

DECEMBER 12, 2011
Day 8, Part 2 In Which I Thought That Only Happened In The Movies!

Oh hi. I am going to Walt Disney World in 18 days.

It's finally starting to sink in. A little bit.

It's finally starting to feel real.

The natural high is starting to manifest.

I can taste the Mickey waffles. I can smell the Land. I can feel gravity lifting me out of my seat in the elevator and I can see all of Hollywood Studios before me.

It's almost here. The thing I sit and dream about daily is finally about to happen.

I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE I'M GOING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've never had trips this close together before. I usually have to suffer at least 18 months in between trips. It's such a great feeling because this year has flown by and I honestly feel like I was just at Disney not too long ago, even though at this point it was almost 10 months ago. The trip is still very fresh in my mind and I feel less of an urgency. I mean, I'm DYING to be there, but I feel less of a need to run around and see and do as much as humanly possible. I have our days scheduled very well (if I do say so myself) and what happens, happens. Disney World isn't going anywhere and there is no need to maniacally run from attraction to attraction. I always tell people to slow down, enjoy the moment, pay attention to the details and RELAX. but I definitely had a problem doing that on my last two trips. This time, it will be different.

I'm so excited for Lee-Anne... I mean she loves Disney and hasn't been there since she was 8. This is gonna be like a life changing trip for her. OH MY GOD I'M SO EXCITED. I can't even talk about it anymore. Ok. Let's move on to the TR update. I really need to get rolling on this thing if I want to finish before we leave!!! IN 18 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!

OK so where we last left off, I had nearly destroyed my mental and physical health by riding Expedition Everest a ridiculous amount of times.

It was clearly and obviously time to eat another Safari/Zebra Cupcake.

It was also take two on the gorillas for me. Usually, we go with one gorilla visit per trip, since there is so much more to see and do (seriously, people who think AK is a half day park make my brain hurt).

However, this time I was just really dying to see them again, so I headed over to Africa.

Joe Rhode k:

Once I got over to Kusafiri, I realized it was still too early for the cupcakes, so I went straight for my gorilla friends on the Pangani Trail.

Hey look! A rare sight at Animal Kingdom this time of year... HUMANS!

Hmm, I can't remember what exactly they were refurbing on the trail. Anyone know?

OK, call me forgetful, but before this day... I completely did not remember the hippo viewing area. Like everything else at Animal Kingdom, I found it insanely awesome and freaked out over being so close to such an amazing (and HUGE) animal.

It was crazy seeing a giant hippo this close up! AND IT IS SO CUTE! I LOVE IT!

I think this hippo's butt and feet are so adorable.

I loved watching him/her glide through the water! Such a huge animal, but so graceful! Like the hippos that wear tutus in Fantasia! LOL.

Seriously so cute. They just have such hilariously adorable faces... and FEET! Again... I love their feet! And I love the way they glide through the water so carefree. I watched for quite awhile. I found it fascinating. AS I ALWAYS DO. You know me and the animals. I'm just obsessed.

Back to my beloved gorillas! Now, you may remember that we usually have really good luck with the animals, and this time was no different. WOW, WHAT HAPPENED WAS SO AWESOME. Ok, I'm going to try my best to describe this correctly. I know I keep saying the word awesome, but look guys, this was AWESOME. And I don't mean awesome like "Awesome. Totally awesome!!" I mean, awesome like I WAS FULL OF AWE. IT WAS AWESOME.

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST!!!!!!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: