Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2010, 09:58 AM   #76
Pikester
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gayles View Post
Does " Small World "book Disney Cruise's also .... ?
Yes! Right now they are offering on board credit if you book through them.

Pikester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 10:05 AM   #77
gillep
DIS Veteran

Love SWV

My DH and I just got back from our first trip to Disney using SWV our TA was Stephanie and she was amazing. I have over 20 emails from her with all sorts of useful information. She had our reservation changed to the 7 days for the price of 4 days promotion before it was posted on any other site. I did however choose to book my ADRs myself although she did say that she would do them for me and even provided an easy spreadsheet to fill out to give to her to book them if we wanted to. We are already planning another vacation to WDW in October and another in January and I emailed her telling her that we wern't ready to book yet but would let her know when we were ready, and she told me she would keep a lookout for deals (she emailed me this on a Saturday). I wouldn't hesitate to book with her again. Even though I could have booked everything on my own for the same price it was great to have her do it, and also wonderful to have someone to contact with any question or concern knowing that she would get back to me within moments or at the very most a couple hours.
Register to remove

Old 01-27-2010, 11:11 PM   #78
Dizfan4life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OFF TO WDW! View Post
My concern is I read this somewhere else where SMV did not want to book dining reservations for someone.

1) My question is does SWV include booking the dining for a customer, or do they make it aseem difficult

No sure, please let me know.

Thanks
Yes, Jodie from SWV did offer to book our ADR's, but that is just something that I wanted to do for our own conveniences.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:34 AM   #79
bellaprincess98
Mouseketeer

Did anyone have any experiences with Sherri?
bellaprincess98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 12:07 PM   #80
Not My Fault!
Mouseketeer

Yes, we've booked through Sherri twice now and my brother booked with her once. She is absolutely fantastic...
Not My Fault! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 03:59 PM   #81
princessknb
Mouseketeer

Small World Vacations

Has anyone used Beth with Small World Vacations?
princessknb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 08:50 PM   #82
cinderella8989
Earning My Ears

I am booking my trip with Minnie at Small World Vacations and I cannot recommend them enough I am almost completly finished paying the trip off,

Minnie Responds to all my emails withina few hours which is fantastic as I am booking from the other side of the world,

She processes my payments really fast and is always willing to answer the thousands of questions I ask her

btw for those wondering you do not pay the travel agent any more than disney would charge, disney pays smallworld their commision for providing business
Old 03-08-2010, 10:49 PM   #83
scaee
Earning My Ears

Has anyone ever worked with Heather at SWV? She is helping me plan my trip to Disney.
scaee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 06:18 AM   #84
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

I'm working with Carrie from SMV .
We're doing a split stay and she has booked the package part and the room only part for us. She ran a heap of options for us before we finally found a combination of accommodation and pricing that worked for us. We have changed our minds twice since the first booking and she has re-booked it all for us without any complaints and has been very prompt about getting back to us.

She has also booked kids cruise as well as made our ADRs for us. SWV are not paid for commssions on these "extras" - so I would imagine that the service you receive for these extras would depend on the TA you get assigned to.

She saves me a heap of sleep as I too am booking from the other side of the world and don't have to stay up to make my ADRs or bookings.

We pay via Credit Card and have been doing this over a couple of months. Whenever the exchange rate has been favourable, I've sent her an email and she processes the payment within a couple of hours.

We've been provided with heaps of information from her and she always answers my questions quickly.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 06:36 AM   #85
danyella522
Mouseketeer

we used Karen from SWV and she was fantastic. My last trip was planned at last minute (3 weeks before we left) and she was always right on the ball. I felt like whether it was 10pm or 7am she was answering me within minutes! Highly recommend.
danyella522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 10:06 AM   #86
SignMeUp
DIS Veteran

We used SWV for our trip last year. Our TA there did not really go above and beyond... never offered to book our dining or anything... and when we hadn't received anything a week before our trip I had to call her to see what was up. There was a mix-up somewhere (thinking probably on her end) and our ME paperwork/luggage tags were never sent to us and had to be overnighted so that we'd get them in time. Our MYW documents never came either and we just had to pick those up at the resort.

This time we are using Dreams Unlimited and so far it's been a much better experience. Our TA booked ADRs for us and put together an itinerary based on the information I gave her. She also saved us a couple hundred dollars when the current discount was extended to cover the last few days of our stay. If we get our travel docs on time this time, I'll be very happy with DU.

I think it's probably hit and miss with any agency. It really depends on how motivated the TA is to do a good job for you. You'll probably be fine as long as you use on of the TAs that's highly recommended (several times) in this thread.

Kids' first trip: April 25 - May 2, 2009 Contemporary upgraded to MK view! Surprise trip (shhh! don't tell my kids!): May 29 - June 5, 2010 Beach Club

Universal trip to see WWoHP: February 12 - 16, 2011 Royal Pacific Resort Finally going back!!! December 14 - 21, 2012 Poly
SignMeUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 10:44 AM   #87
Pixie Princess
DIS Veteran

Location: With Cinderella's mice making a new dress for Belle

I have booked all our Disney trips through SWV using Missy for all them except one. SWV and Missy are awesome! Missy is very responsive, cheerfully accomodates my changes when I have them and will run all sorts of options for me. She has been right on it when Disney offers a new deal and lets me know if the deal is actually going to be a better deal form me. One time it wasn't and she e-mailed me to let me know she had run the numbers and it wasn't for me. She also helped me with a FL Neighbor room rate for a trip I had to take to Orlando for work. I was having trouble on the Disney website getting the rate. She worked her magic and got me the reservation under the rate. It saved my company $400 on hotel over the conference hotel rate. The sacrifices I make for my company.

She always offers to make ADRs, but I like to do those myself.
Pixie Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 10:57 AM   #88
lemondog
My twins fight over who tooted
I always have the itch!

We are using Caylie with SWV for this trip and the service has been fabulous!!! She is very prompt to return calls, offered to book all our ADRs and other special activities (although I preferred to do this myself). I really have no complaints at all, and we will use them again for our next trip!

DD1 (12), DD2 (9), DD3 (9) DD4 (2)

I've been pickled! Thanks illuminati!
lemondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 03:30 PM   #89
youalleverybody
Rather be Soarin'

How long did it take you to get your initial quote and/or contact from your TA at SMV?

I filled out an online quote request on Sunday, and got a generic response (thank you for requesting a quote from us, your request has been sent to "so and so" who will contact you soon). It said it could take up to three business days.

But I"m horribly impatient.....and now I"m wondering if they always take this long or did I get assigned to one of the not-quite-as-good agents. I haven't seen her name mentioned in anyone else's glowing reports above.

Thanks in advance!

WDW 2008, 2010 and 2012
February 2012 Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean
October 2012 Disney Dream Bahamas
February 2013 Royal Caribbean Mariner of the Seas
youalleverybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 03:40 PM   #90
arbolita
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemondog View Post
We are using Caylie with SWV for this trip and the service has been fabulous!!! She is very prompt to return calls, offered to book all our ADRs and other special activities (although I preferred to do this myself). I really have no complaints at all, and we will use them again for our next trip!
I love Caylie. She helped up book our honeymoon this past September, and was absolutely fantastic.
June 1990 - Offsite * June 2008 - Offsite- Got Engaged! * September 2009 - CSR - Disneymoon * October 2010 - POP/POR * June 2011 - CBR * December 2011 - Offsite - Farewell to Jaws * February 2012 - One More Disney Day-Video Trip Report - ASMu * January 2013 - SSR Old, New & Long Lost Friends, w/ a Side of Frump! * August 2013 - Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland! * May 2014 - BLT/AKV

*NEW!!!* August Trip Report: Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland!

Follow me on Twitter! @GertieTheDino89
arbolita is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: