Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2010, 05:57 PM   #1
lomillerin
DIS Veteran

Vera Bradley Mini Hipster

I am thinking of getting one of these for my next trip. I don't like to carry much, my ID, ticket, room key, and some cash along with chapstick and cell phone.

Will this work?

Also, are the Vera Bradley purses on ebay legit? Are they authentic, etc...
lomillerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 06:00 PM   #2
Ellajoan
Mouseketeer

I've used one my last two trips and they were perfect! I was able to fit lipstick, camera, small sunscreen, park tickets/credit card, some cash, some motrin and some tissues in one. It was very lightweight and soft, and I could wear it crossbody or like a purse. Very pleased with it.

Re: the ebay listings, I'm sure some of them are legit. Look for one with tags on them with a familiar pattern. Vera Bradley online often has discounts on their retiring patterns. I got mine that way for a steal.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-15-2010, 06:35 PM   #3
Dorisk3
DIS Veteran

I've bought several of my Vera purses on ebay and they were all legit. There are some sellers that specialize in Vera and have thousands of feedbacks- not to worry!

Our family
Dorisk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 06:40 PM   #4
Rora
I'm the needy, sexy Unicorn fruit-hating Ballerina
I just eat it. I bite into it.

OP- I'm a huge Vera lover (my mom owns a store that sells Vera too..) and I think the MiniH Hipster would be perfect for you!!

As far as buying Vera's off EBAY: yes, most of them are legitimate but try to purchase one that has pictures of the bag just so you can tell if it's a "real" bag. If you're not sure, print out the picture and bring it to a Vera retailer and compare! If you're nervous about purchasing one off EBAY, spend a little bit more money and buy one from a store. It's worth it!

I did a quick EBAY search and found this: http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trk...All-Categories
All of the purses on page one are real Vera Bradley's (as long as they're not posting one thing and sending you another!).

Good luck!
Old 04-15-2010, 07:39 PM   #5
mom2taylorandemily
Not so patiently waiting our next trip to Disney....!

I have carried a VB Mini hipster for the past 4 trips and would not carry anything else! I bought mine on a VB clearance sale at Yankee Candle, I actually got it for 60% off, and I wasn't picky about the pattern but I got lucky and got the Raspberry Fizz!! I Love It!!!

DH 60 Me 51 DD 17 DD 15
Sept. 1993 - offsite "1st Trip" / Oct. 1995 - offsite Honeymoon / Dec. 2006 - WL / Dec. 2007 - CBR / Dec. 2008 - CBR
Aug. 2009 - CBR / Dec. 2009 - POFQ / Aug. 2010 - CBR / Aug. 2011 - POR
Aug. 2012 - CBR~Emily's 13th!! Birthday / Dec. 2012 - CBR~Taylor's Sweet 16!!

Aug. 2013 - POFQ~Celebrating My 50th!!! / Aug. 2014 - POFQ ~ No Kids!!
mom2taylorandemily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 07:56 PM   #6
SaraJayne
Stop moving those smilies!

I carried a mini hipster on our last trip and it was the perfect size.

I plan on taking it on my next trip, also.
SaraJayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 08:14 PM   #7
slduck
DIS Veteran

This is what I am carrying this year now that we are giving up the diaper bag/backpack.

slduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 08:19 PM   #8
bouncycat
DIS Veteran

I use one as my regular purse!!!! It works perfect for me, cause i need something small like that. I have used it in the parks also, and it works wonderful!!!! Love mine. I got mine from VB's website for like $18 on clearance.

bouncycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 08:59 PM   #9
MaggieMoo'sMom
Mouseketeer

I bought mine for my trip in October, and it worked perfectly. I also carried it "out to battle" the day after Thanksgiving and it was great for shopping, too. You will love it!!!
MaggieMoo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 09:06 PM   #10
Bev J
DIS Veteran

I am using the VB Mini Hipster now as my summer bag. I did take it on a weekend trip this last week and I carried small wallet, sunscreen, lipgloss, my Blackberry and a digital camera. It was just perfect and I can see it will be just great for my disney trip. Got it on the VB website in the clearance for $18- shipping is rather high though so have been checking Ebay for another one in a different color.

The only negative I can see is if it gets wet so I will also be packing a gallon size ziploc in the bag incase of rain.

Bev
Old 04-15-2010, 10:14 PM   #11
disneydee6
DIS Veteran

I see you all are big VB fans like myself.

However, I bought a LeSportSac bag for Disney. Considering the rain, the abuse it goes through, and the fact it is also a great compartment bag, I liked this bag! The material is not like VB cloth, but is made of lightweight nylon, so it is very weatherproof, perfect for disney's unpredictable weather, but also has very fun cute designs.
I guess it's an alternative for the Vera Bradley lovers
Old 04-15-2010, 11:51 PM   #12
maitlynn
Mouseketeer

I just ordered a VB hipster for our trip in two weeks. The mini seemed sooo tiny. (i'm used to diaper bags) but won't have kids with us.

You all have me thinking I should have gone with the smaller bag.

has anyone every scotch gaurded thier bag?
Old 04-16-2010, 05:47 AM   #13
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rora View Post

As far as buying Vera's off EBAY: yes, most of them are legitimate but try to purchase one that has pictures of the bag just so you can tell if it's a "real" bag. If you're not sure, print out the picture and bring it to a Vera retailer and compare! If you're nervous about purchasing one off EBAY, spend a little bit more money and buy one from a store. It's worth it!

I love Vera Bradley and have three of the hipsters (Mod Floral Blue, Capri Melon, and Elephant). I also have six of the mini hipsters (Bali Gold, Raspberry Fizz, Rivera Blue, Blue Rhapsody, Mediterranean Blue, and Piroutte). All but one I bought off of ebay and they are all legitimate. The three hipsters were used, but all of the minis were new with tags. There are quite a few sellers on ebay who sell only VB stuff and I've bought from many of them (duffel bags, back packs, purses, wallets, totes, sunglasses, sunglass cases, wristlets, hipsters, etc) and have never had a problem. I do have one bag that looks almost exactly like a VB Java Blue hipster, but is not. The seller made it quite clear in her listing however that even though it looked very much like a VB, that it actually was not. I probably like that bag as much if not more than my real VBs. It has the skinny straps like the mini hipster, but is just a tad smaller than the regular hipster and a tad bigger than the mini. It has more zippers on the front and more slots on the inside than the VB ones. It was brand new and she included a zip wallet and an all-in-one wristlet in the same print. I got all three pieces for $9.99 with free shipping. Even though that's the only one I have that's not a real VB, it's still one of my favorite bags and I bidded on it intentionally. No one else did, so I got it for the minimum bid. Unless you look close and are very familiar with the prints you'd think it was a real one. I didn't care, I just liked the print and the extra zip compartments.

I don't carry that much in the parks and prefer the mini hipster over the regular one.

Last edited by aubriee; 04-16-2010 at 08:17 AM.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 07:49 AM   #14
SaraJayne
Stop moving those smilies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncycat View Post
I use one as my regular purse!!!! It works perfect for me, cause i need something small like that. I have used it in the parks also, and it works wonderful!!!! Love mine. I got mine from VB's website for like $18 on clearance.
It's my every day purse, too.
SaraJayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 07:53 AM   #15
lpizzuro123
DIS Veteran

As far as waterproofing your bag - I use the LeSportsSac and what I do is get a large size zip lock bag and put all my stuff in in and then put this in the bag. This keeps all my stuff dry incase of rain or water rides. It also makes it easy when going through bagcheck at Disney. I pull out the clear zip lock and it makes it much easier for them to check it out.

Linda

lpizzuro123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: