Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-19-2011, 09:49 AM   #1
maria-fan-22
DIS Veteran

Talking Disney Cruise Line goes to Asia?????

So while just on the Dream Chris from Poland told us that Disney has been looking into cruises to Asia for a later date. If they go, I am so there!!! It would work well for DCL too because of the large Disney population in Asia

Who else would be interested?

I'm on Twitter! @DCLdude

http://dcldude.webs.com/
maria-fan-22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 09:52 AM   #2
Shanny145
Mouseketeer

I would be in!!!!
Register to remove

Old 06-19-2011, 10:31 AM   #3
vakamalua
DIS Veteran

Could be...

About nine months ago, one of the officers on the Magic told us that the Magic was designated as the ship for "exotic" cruises. I wouldn't be surprised if it goes to Asia to take advantage of the hook-up with Hong Kong Disney, Shanghai Disney (when it opens) and the ABD China program. He told me that the plan was to have one more overhaul of the ship and keep it in service for at least five or six more years.
vakamalua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 11:15 AM   #4
Anal Annie
....at least I KNOW I'm a kook...I just can't stop it....

We would be interested but it would totally depend on WHEN they go and of course on the price tag!! You know the FIRST year they do anything it is always a LOT more than subsequent years.... Something tells me it would be cost prohibitive for us.

Come join me for my 2nd ever trip report now in progress for DisneyLAND and Aulani and Maui 2014. http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post52179607

My first ever trip report - Disneyland Paris and our DCL Med cruise: http://thewhitehouseblog.weebly.com/ (ALMOST but not quite finished)

August 2014 - 3 n @ VGC & DL followed by 7 n @ Aulani follwed by 3 n on Maui / Jan 2014 - 5 n @ AKV Jambo House / Aug 2013 - 9 nights @ SSR / Aug 2012 - 9 n @ Boardwalk Villas and HRH / Mar-Apr 2012 6 n @ Bay Lake / August 2011 Disneyland Paris and DCL MED cruise / August 2010 Disney's DVC resort at Hilton Head Island, SC / March 2010 Kidani Village at AKV / August '09 BCV & Vero Beach / May '09 SSR / July '08 AKV & B2B Cruises on The Wonder/ January '08 VWL / August '07 OKW / July '06 Offsite - Waikiki, Kona & Ka'anapali, Hawaii / July '05 Disneyland & Disney Magic West Coast Cruise to the Mexican Riviera / Summer '04 CSR / May '03 Offsite - St. John, USVI / Summer '02 AKL & O.C., MD

[/url]IMG]http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/uploads/21406/ssrgroup.jpg[/IMG] [url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]

[url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]
Anal Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 11:25 AM   #5
sissy_ib
DIS Veteran

I agree with Anal Annie. I would love to go back to Asia and see more of it. But it depends on the price tag. The exchange rate in the Asian market is pretty good compaired to other places in the world. I was suprised how inexpensive everything was.
Old 06-19-2011, 11:28 AM   #6
TXDCLfan
Other cruise lines did it first, Disney did it right!

No thanks
TXDCLfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 11:34 AM   #7
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Only if there are more port stops than sea days. I guess for this to be possible, DCL might have to begin the cruises in a Japanese port (or Shanghai) and do an Asian roundtrip cruise rather than tying it in with a trans-Pacific cruise. I was very interested in Hawaii, until I saw the itinerary. Fingers-crossed that it will happen and that it will be a good itinerary!
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 11:35 AM   #8
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Only if there are more port stops than sea days. I guess for this to be possible, DCL might have to begin the cruises in a Japanese port (or Shanghai or Hong Kong) and do an Asian roundtrip cruise rather than tying it in with a trans-Pacific cruise. I was very interested in Hawaii, until I saw the itinerary. Fingers-crossed that it will happen and that it will be a good itinerary!
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 01:40 PM   #9
maria-fan-22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpooh108 View Post
Only if there are more port stops than sea days. I guess for this to be possible, DCL might have to begin the cruises in a Japanese port (or Shanghai) and do an Asian roundtrip cruise rather than tying it in with a trans-Pacific cruise. I was very interested in Hawaii, until I saw the itinerary. Fingers-crossed that it will happen and that it will be a good itinerary!
Oh of course! I am envisioning something like they do with Europe cruise.

Perhaps:

Trans-Pacific Leaving from LA or Seattle maybe

Several Asian cruises from, i think China but maybe Japan

Then Another Trans-Pacific back to LA or Seattle

One can Hope!

I'm on Twitter! @DCLdude

http://dcldude.webs.com/
maria-fan-22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 03:28 PM   #10
BigDisneyOE
DIS Veteran

We'd be there in a heartbeat. Asia is a primary holiday zone for New Zealanders and we have several options to get there. If they based in Singapore (as a lot of ships do) they could do Malaysia, Indonesia (Bali) etc really easily - cruises from Singapore tend to be really port intensive. They'd be more family oriented destinations than out of China.

BigDisneyOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 03:41 PM   #11
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anal Annie View Post
We would be interested but it would totally depend on WHEN they go and of course on the price tag!! You know the FIRST year they do anything it is always a LOT more than subsequent years.... Something tells me it would be cost prohibitive for us.
Am I interested? Sure, but I have no doubt that the price would be very high.
NancyIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 03:53 PM   #12
KatiezMom
Mouseketeer

I, like most, would love to do it but depends on the cost. And I agree, more port days that sea would be a must for me.
KatiezMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 05:34 PM   #13
tvguy
Sailed on:The Mermoz, Norway, Nordic Prince, Sovereign of the Seas, Amsterdam, Magic & Pride of America

Price probably will be the only issue for us. And the MORE sea days, the better.
Old 06-19-2011, 05:39 PM   #14
mousemom11
Wild Women Do Disney and They Don't Regret It!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyIL View Post
Am I interested? Sure, but I have no doubt that the price would be very high.
I agree. We'd love to go, but I cringe thinking about how much it would cost.

1996 Honeymoon at WDW 2002 Disneyland GC 2003 Disneyland GC (Concierge) 2005 Disneyland GC at Christmas 10/08 DLH
2009 WDW and Disney Magic Western DD 2010 Mediterranean RCCL Brilliance of the Seas
2011 Alaska Disney Wonder 2012 WDW and Disney Fantasy Eastern 2013 RCCL Allure B2B Western and Eastern
2014 Disney Magic Christmas Western 2015 Disney Magic Baltics
mousemom11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 05:42 PM   #15
Shebbieal
Mouseketeer

I must be totally out of sync,,I prefer more sea days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! To each his own,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Asia would be fab tho,,I LOVE Hong Kong!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sherry
Shebbieal is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: