Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2012, 11:52 AM   #1
disneymarie
Its a rumour about the donuts...
Can we play Nancy Drew?

Question Dr.Oz green coffee bean extrct weight loss

So the new miracle in weight loss, ummm. Interested if anyone else saw it, and or may have tried this before.

I saw the pure unroasted green coffee bean extract pills, 800 mg a day on Dr. Oz. The week before they had a woman with my mid life size and shape, given this OTC supplement for a week.

She was to do nothing different, no diet changes, no exersizing; she lost 7 lbs.
Ordered some off Amazon when I could not find it local.

I also tried his energy drink this morning with V8 low sodium instead of tomato juice, 2 oz with 1/2 tsp horseradish, drop of hot sauce. I put few drops of lemon and it was great. I skipped the weekend breakfast for lighter affair, pear and half slice of whole grain Pepperidge farm toast.

THe other thing was Energy booster and Chia seeds. Today I made the drink with water and add the Agave nector to sweeten. it was a 1-9 mix, so I used a tblsp to measure. The seeds turn kind of gel, like tapioca. The taste was not bad, as it really had no taste to the seeds, but the Agave was a sweet light taste.

The seeds can be put on salad, cereal or other foods. Mayan hunters used it for energy and with my thyroid, I need the energy.

Hoping to see results in the mean time with energy and metabolism.
di
Old 05-28-2012, 01:48 PM   #2
disneymarie
Can we play Nancy Drew?

ORdered the 800 mg off Amazon and happy with the results. Attacking the belly fat, curbing appetite.

Saw he had something on Flax seeds, but still using the Chia Seeds and Blue Acri drink. Have not tried them on salads. I like how they soften in the water.

I got tired of the V8 drink, switched to V8 fusion lite banana/strawberry.
Register to remove

Old 05-28-2012, 02:25 PM   #3
mom2grace
DIS Veteran

Can you tell me more about the coffee supplement? Does it give you a super caffeine high, jittery, etc? Have you seen results? I need to do something quick!!
mom2grace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 02:27 PM   #4
MickeysMommy
Mickey is my cat
He sits on my table
My name is MM, and I carry a Mickey fanny pack on my vacations to Disney

I've never heard of this

~*~Dad and his "Girl"~*~
Caribbean Beach Resort
1991*1993*1995*1998*2000*2002*2006*2007*2009*2011*2012
MickeysMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 04:02 PM   #5
Coconut36
DIS Veteran

I am guessing you are doing is just hopping your body up on a stimulate so you feel more "energetic" and might be more likely to exercise and because it likely causes side effects where you aren't as hungry.

Back in the 1950s they used to Rx methamphetamines for weight loss..because it hyped people up with "extra" energy and suppressed their appetite.

I think Dr. Oz is a huge unprofessional quack and I wouldn't follow anything he says to be honest...I can't stand him. I would guess it just the newest diet trend like all the others.
Coconut36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 04:10 PM   #6
Luv2Scrap
The only way is if you have the Gypsy
Y'all are going to get me in so much trouble with my supervisor!
The new baby was much more interactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut36 View Post
I am guessing you are doing is just hopping your body up on a stimulate so you feel more "energetic" and might be more likely to exercise and because it likely causes side effects where you aren't as hungry.

Back in the 1950s they used to Rx methamphetamines for weight loss..because it hyped people up with "extra" energy and suppressed their appetite.

I think Dr. Oz is a huge unprofessional quack and I wouldn't follow anything he says to be honest...I can't stand him. I would guess it just the newest diet trend like all the others.
+1. There is no easy fix.
Nov '09 Pop - free dining
Aug '10 CSR - Free dining and BCV for our first DVC trip home!
Jan '12 CSR - Free dining
Luv2Scrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 04:13 PM   #7
bitohoney
DIS Veteran

I like to watch Dr. Oz for some strange reason but I think he's full of . There is no way he can have a solution to everything he says he does. I'm sure some of his stuff has worked for SOME people but I wouldn't waste my money.

Tons of DL trips, CBR June 2005 (1st time at WDW), SoG May 2007, Disneyland December/January 2007/2008, Pop August 2008, AKL April 2009, GF April 2010, ASMovies Oct 2010, POFQ Dec 2011, Disneyland Hotel May/June 2012, BCV Feb 2013, BWV May 2014, POR May 2015
bitohoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 04:29 PM   #8
NC State
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymarie View Post
So the new miracle in weight loss, ummm. Interested if anyone else saw it, and or may have tried this before.

I saw the pure unroasted green coffee bean extract pills, 800 mg a day on Dr. Oz. The week before they had a woman with my mid life size and shape, given this OTC supplement for a week.

She was to do nothing different, no diet changes, no exersizing; she lost 7 lbs.
Ordered some off Amazon when I could not find it local.
Please check back in a week with a report, I would like to hear from you.

Oct 5-10, 2014 Pop /Wonder cruise Apr 26-May 1, 2015/
Dream cruise Sept 8-12, 2013
/Feb, 2013 Pop /Sept 2012 AoA(LM)/Feb 2012 WL /Sept 2011 CSR /
Dec 2010 ASMu/Sept 2009 ASMu / Sept 2008 Pop/ May 2007 POR/
Oct-Nov 2006 Pop /Sept-Oct 2005 Pop/Sept 2003 CBR /May 1994 off site
NC State is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 05:20 PM   #9
LilyWDW
Going to My Happy Place

Dr. Oz is a quack. He will sell whatever supplement that is willing to give him the most money. I wouldn't take anything he talks about and actually expect it to work. By tomorrow he will have a brand new sure fire way to lose weight... and it will be another pricy supplement that won't work.

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." - Walt Disney
DIS'er OCTOBER 2014 FB Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1398705187009744/

LilyWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 05:26 PM   #10
rwdavis2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeysMommy View Post
I've never heard of this
That's because, over the long term, it won't work. Just like every other diet gimmick. If it was that easy no one would be overweight.
Wilderness Lodge 2004
All Star Vacation Homes 2008
Wilderness Lodge & Animal Kingdom Lodge 2012(November)
All Star Movies January 2013
Paradise Pier September 2013

Pittsburgh Dad says, "Mum and Gram are at Bingo tonight, so it's cereal for dinner. "
rwdavis2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 05:31 PM   #11
disneymarie
Can we play Nancy Drew?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC State View Post
Please check back in a week with a report, I would like to hear from you.
I will check back, it has been about 20 days I have taken them, and about a month that I started the Chia seeds for energy. Attacking belly fat I am down a shirt size from 2x to 1x and have a 42 DD to 40 D, the pants from 1x to ladies XL. Whenever my first post was, is when I began the change in food and Chia seeds.

Being a chronic pain patient I would not take stimulants and the bean extract is not hyped caffine, my heart would give me palp's if I did take anything like that.

With a thyroid issue I do need energy, but since I started the Chia seeds, 1 tbls and 9 of cold water, dash of Blue Acri syrup, it turns into mini tapioca's.
I am not napping during the day and getting at least 7 hrs of sleep. If I get awake to tinkle, go right back to sleep.

Either one is making me not feel like munching. With summer here, I have fruit, pears are a favorite, the V8 fruit fusion, I am sick of traditional salads, finding some spinich, and cucumber with tomato to break it up.

Low sodium Progresso tomato basil soup, supper has been grilled chicken from Sams, rice and Asian veg's, or green beans with balsamic vinegar.

I made homemade energy or snack bars with Gahram crackers and natural peanut butter ad string cheese. They are my take along for the day with a V8 fruit, and or carrot sticks, bottle of water . Working on the road I no longer pull in a drive thru.

The latest thing I was reading on Dr. Oz, he is into Flax seeds...not into trying that unless someone else finds it helpful.

Losing the belly fat within the first two weeks instead of water weight has been wonderful. I have a friend that is doing a protein diet and she has so may grams to eat a day. Have not figured that out yet.
Old 05-28-2012, 06:12 PM   #12
LSmith
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut36 View Post

I agree. I think Dr. Oz is a sell out and will hawk any product on earth as long as the price is right.
LSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 06:35 PM   #13
NC State
DIS Veteran

Sounds great DisneyMarie. You do what you feel is best and continue with the good and positive thinking.

Oct 5-10, 2014 Pop /Wonder cruise Apr 26-May 1, 2015/
Dream cruise Sept 8-12, 2013
/Feb, 2013 Pop /Sept 2012 AoA(LM)/Feb 2012 WL /Sept 2011 CSR /
Dec 2010 ASMu/Sept 2009 ASMu / Sept 2008 Pop/ May 2007 POR/
Oct-Nov 2006 Pop /Sept-Oct 2005 Pop/Sept 2003 CBR /May 1994 off site
NC State is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 06:39 PM   #14
Art 1
DIS Veteran

I saw the show and don't believe it. Unless one has health issues the trick to losing weight is not complicated, it just takes will power. There is no easy way or magic potion.
Art 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 06:40 PM   #15
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyWDW View Post
Dr. Oz is a quack. He will sell whatever supplement that is willing to give him the most money. I wouldn't take anything he talks about and actually expect it to work. By tomorrow he will have a brand new sure fire way to lose weight... and it will be another pricy supplement that won't work.
I have quit watching his show completely. All he talks about anymore is supplements, supplements, supplements that will cure everything that ails you. I've started to think of him as the modern day snake oil salesman.

OP, please PLEASE be careful.

Loving all things Disney since 1976.
BearcatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: