Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2002, 01:36 PM   #1
Letsbgoofy
Can live with dry heat
My Mickey waffle maker is a cheap park fix for me!
I like the scallops the best.

Unlimited Fastpass??

I read on the boards that a new feature in 2003 on packages is unlimited Fastpass. I can't find this anywhere on the DL website. I did see something about the 5 days for the price of three ticket that is part of the package allowing for multiple fastpasses. Anyone who can clarify this? The package price I received for 6 nights at the Candy Cane Inn with the 5 day ticket was about $300 more than the price I would pay if I booked the room and tickets separately.
Letsbgoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2002, 04:25 PM   #2
Sonya in Boise
DISneyland Expert
Loves CA Screamin'

The only thing I know is it is something being offered by the Walt Disney Travel Company.

Wish I could help more.

Sorry
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-23-2002, 12:33 PM   #3
BuffyFan
Earning My Ears

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

We are staying at the Candy Cane Inn in late February 2003 on a package and the CM who booked us told me a little about the unlimited Fast Passes. Basically each person in your booking will get a Unlimited Fast Pass ticket that you can use to go directly to any Fast Pass Return Line, at any time, and walk directly in. With these special tickets you no longer have to go to a Fast Pass machine to get a Fast Pass, or concern yourself with return time or anything like that. You show the CMs at the Fast Pass Return line your Unlimited Fast Pass and walk right in. They don't take it from you -- you keep it at all times and use it as a Fast Pass entry for any Fast Pass ride any time you want to.

It is an interesting perk idea, though the obvious downside is that if enough people were to use their Unlimited Fast Passes all at the same time for any given ride, suddenly there might be a longer line for the Fast Pass Return, as if it was the Stand By Line.

I don't know if you can use the ticket to get a regular Fast Pass window ticket, though if you can go on any Fast Pass ride at any time, I don't see why you would want or need to.

It's a promotional perk they are testing to get more folks to go through Disney Travel Company and buy packages -- it starts in January 2003, so I guess then we'll start seeing threads about how it is working.

Have a great trip! We are looking forward to staying at the Candy Cane Inn -- we've heard lots of positive reports about it.

Steve
BuffyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2002, 05:02 PM   #4
IandGsmom
DL veteran. WDW novice.
Would rather live in Pine Valley

Wow that sounds so cool, just remember not everyone books with WDTC and if its a perk they offer then it should not be bad. Right now they offer one fastpass and a breakfaast at Club Buzz or a tour included in the package.
Candy Cane was ok. The rooms are clean, the pool is ok but busy in warm weather and the breakfast is enough to get you going in the morning.The bus service they have is their own and beats having to share with other hotels. Its also nice having a 7-11 and other places to eat right next door and across the street. The only thing I did not like was when we first arrived all they had were room facing the street and it was too noisy that night
Old 11-23-2002, 09:11 PM   #5
Rajah
WPASADI II Co-Winner
Cross-stitching Cat Lover
Likes to play tag
Takes time to smell the flowers
Many hugs from your DIS friends

Hmmm... if that worked, I'd consider that worth booking through WDTC. It's the first feature I would consider worth the extra cost of going through WDTC!
Rajah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2002, 10:59 AM   #6
Letsbgoofy
Can live with dry heat
My Mickey waffle maker is a cheap park fix for me!
I like the scallops the best.

It is a great perk, but I don't think it's worth the extra $300 the package would cost me.

I wonder if it will last? It should work well in the off season, but it seems like there would be problems when it gets busy. Universal in Florida has this perk, and they have had to limit it to one FP per hour per ride when the park is busy. It seems like they have more rides than at DLR, or at least more rides with the "express pass" line. Time will tell I guess.
Letsbgoofy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: