Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-14-2012, 11:49 AM   #1
etoe
Earning My Ears

Secret Verandah rooms on Wonder

We have room 7620 booked for an upcoming Wonder cruise, but I have the chance to move it to 6634. Which one has the least amount of obstruction? There will be 4 adults using the verandah (if that makes a difference), occasionally all at the same time, if possible. I know there are only 2 seats, so we will be standing. I have tried to research this, but I can't really find anything that compares them. If you had the choice, which one would you choose and why?

Thanks so much for your opinions!
etoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 12:00 PM   #2
collectoraholic
Is it time to sail yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by etoe View Post
We have room 7620 booked for an upcoming Wonder cruise, but I have the chance to move it to 6634. Which one has the least amount of obstruction? There will be 4 adults using the verandah (if that makes a difference), occasionally all at the same time, if possible. I know there are only 2 seats, so we will be standing. I have tried to research this, but I can't really find anything that compares them. If you had the choice, which one would you choose and why?

Thanks so much for your opinions!
I looked at pictures before deciding to book either 7120 or 7620 when we've had it before. In the pics I've seen, the gradient of the overhang seems to be less on the Deck 7 SVRs than the Deck 6s.

& When you say 4 people will be using the verandah, you only mean using it, right b/c 7620 & 7120 can only sleep 3 people. So I'm assuming that the other 2 adults have their own stateroom but will be in yours for use of the verandah.

HTHs! & Happy Sailing!
Register to remove

Old 08-14-2012, 12:01 PM   #3
jenf22
DIS Veteran

We had 7620 on the Magic and LOVED it! I didn't think the obstruction was bad at all. I can't tell you which one is better, but I also loved deck 7. There is a "secret deck" aft on deck 7 that is really close to 7620. I would keep it, just my opinion. Best of luck!
Jewel of the Seas Southern Caribbean - October 2014
Fantasy Western Caribbean - September 2013
Wonder Alaskan - September 2012
Magic Bahamian - May 2012
jenf22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 12:03 PM   #4
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club ~ My driveway to WDW = 1 hour!

Location: Tampa, FL resident since 2007 (formally from Lorain & Columbus O-H-I-O)

Interesting - we've always chosen 6634. Had it on the Magic & Wonder & if we get back on the classic ships, we'll try for it again!!! Truthfully, either room would be just fine!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2015 - Magic x2 - Mar Western, June Scandinavia ~ 2014 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic - Oct SOUTHERN/repo B2B ~ 2013 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 - June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 - Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 05:18 PM   #5
etoe
Earning My Ears

Thanks everyone. I have been looking at pictures and keep changing my mind and going back and forth. Every picture looks different, LOL. I guess we will stick with 7620. I was just worried about the curve of the wall. It looks like you won't be able to see out there unless you are seated and duck down. We have never had a verandah before so all of this is new to me and I m not sure of the size of anything because I don't have anything to compare it too.

As for 4 people in the room, it is correct, the other couple have a different stateroom.

Does anyone know if we can see the pirate night fireworks from this location?

Thanks everyone. If anyone else has an opinion I would love to hear it.
etoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 05:23 PM   #6
tajz90
Mama D

Quote:
Originally Posted by etoe
Thanks everyone. I have been looking at pictures and keep changing my mind and going back and forth. Every picture looks different, LOL. I guess we will stick with 7620. I was just worried about the curve of the wall. It looks like you won't be able to see out there unless you are seated and duck down. We have never had a verandah before so all of this is new to me and I m not sure of the size of anything because I don't have anything to compare it too.

As for 4 people in the room, it is correct, the other couple have a different stateroom.

What cruise?

We always go up on deck to watch fireworks, veranda or not.
tajz90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 05:27 PM   #7
DisneyDream2B
Mouseketeer

I can't seem to locate the thread, but I believe I read that both 7620/7120 and 6634/6134 are less obstructed on the Wonder as compared to the Magic. We're sailing in 6134 on the Magic next month and 7620 on the Wonder next year. I'll try to post photos after each cruise. I had the same question about the comparative obstructions, but didn't have the option of booking either room, so went with the cabin that was available. Maybe someone else has sailed in both cabins/both ships and can advise.
DisneyDream2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 05:28 PM   #8
Purdue Mouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by etoe

The Alaskan cruises don't have fireworks. If you have a different itinerary, check to see if there are navigator's available to view (red bar tabs at top).

Wonder Alaska 7/23/2012
Dream 2/10/2011
Pop Century 12/27/03
Royal Carribean 2002 Phi Kappa Theta Reunion Cruise.
WDW Boardwalk Inn 10/16/01
Purdue Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 07:05 PM   #9
jenf22
DIS Veteran

Here are a couple of pictures from 7620 on the Magic. I thought the Wonder and Magic were basically the same ship, but I don't know

My son on the verandah. The fact that the railing was right as his eye level is why we're not in a 7A for Alaska coming up. We booked 7618 right next door!

The whole verandah. Never noticed the huge rust spot when we were on board.

Hope the pictures help (and aren't huge - I'm new with Photobucket)
Jewel of the Seas Southern Caribbean - October 2014
Fantasy Western Caribbean - September 2013
Wonder Alaskan - September 2012
Magic Bahamian - May 2012
jenf22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 07:11 PM   #10
collectoraholic
Is it time to sail yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by etoe View Post

Yes, you can totally see the Pirate Night fireworks from the 7620 verandah. We've watched them from that verandah before & it's honestly like it's your own private fireworks show. HTHs!
Old 08-14-2012, 08:40 PM   #11
gigi1313
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by collectoraholic View Post
Yes, you can totally see the Pirate Night fireworks from the 7620 verandah. We've watched them from that verandah before & it's honestly like it's your own private fireworks show. HTHs!
On the Fantasy an announcement was made that we were not permitted to be on our verandas during fireworks as well as to bring in any personal items on he verandah... Is it
not the same on all ships?
PC & GF CL Jan '11POR Nov '11 DCL Fantasy May '12 BWalk&ASM Jan '13 PC Sept '13
DCL Magic B2B Jan '14
gigi1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 08:45 PM   #12
Silverfox97

Location: Tampa, FL resident since 2007 (formally from Lorain & Columbus O-H-I-O)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi1313

On the Fantasy an announcement was made that we were not permitted to be on our verandas during fireworks as well as to bring in any personal items on he verandah... Is it
It is. We've gotten letters in our room on the Wonder, Magic, Dream & Fantasy. While we've never watched from our verandah, many do...

2015 - Magic x2 - Mar Western, June Scandinavia ~ 2014 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic - Oct SOUTHERN/repo B2B ~ 2013 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 - June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 - Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Old 08-14-2012, 08:47 PM   #13
collectoraholic
Is it time to sail yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi1313 View Post
I've never heard that type of announcement or seen anything like it in any navigator on any of the 17 DCL cruises I've been on (Magic, Wonder & Dream).
Old 08-14-2012, 10:00 PM   #14
gigi1313
DIS Veteran

Have you had verandah rooms? Starboard side maybe?
PC & GF CL Jan '11POR Nov '11 DCL Fantasy May '12 BWalk&ASM Jan '13 PC Sept '13
DCL Magic B2B Jan '14
gigi1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 10:41 PM   #15
Silverfox97

Quote:
Originally Posted by collectoraholic

I've never heard that type of announcement or seen anything like it in any navigator on any of the 17 DCL cruises I've been on (Magic, Wonder & Dream).
And we've received that letter on 4 of our 6 cruises - 1 each on all 4 ships. Room 6634 on the Wonder & Magic, 9648 on the Dream & 9674 on the Fantasy. DH will post letter.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: